We are ” empowering students to achieve”
Communities In Schools is the nation’s largest dropout prevention organization.
By bringing caring adults into the schools to address children’s unmet needs, CIS provides the link between educators and the community. The result: teachers are free to teach, and students – many in jeopardy of dropping out – have the opportunity to focus on learning.
For over 30 years, Communities In Schools has worked to ensure that every child needs and deserves these
- A one-on-one relationship with a caring adult
- A safe place to learn and grow
- A healthy start and a healthy future
- A marketable skill to use upon graduation
- A chance to give back to peers and community
Since 1992, Communities In Schools of Galveston County has been serving children and their families to improve academics, attendance and behavior so that they will enjoy learning , graduate , and go on to post education endeavors.